Do you feel tired and un-refreshed on waking in the morning?
Do you stay that way throughout the day?
Do you have difficulty concentrating during the day?
The World Health Organization says that one-third of the world's population experience insomnia at some stage in their lives, with approximately five per cent needing medical treatment!
To avoid medical intervention, try these natural techniques and remedies, and help put your insomnia to rest.
Relax before going to bed. Do some deep breathing, listen to soft music. According to Dr. Timothy Sharp from Sydney University, avoiding caffeine, alcohol and nicotine will also help.
2. Bedtime routine
Develop a bedtime routine so your body knows it's time to go to sleep. By winding down your physical activities and following a set routine prior to bed, your body will start to associate some of these actions with going to sleep. Start with a cup of hot milk. Milk contains a protein called tryptophan, which helps to promote sleep. This can be substituted with chamomile tea, which is known to calm the nerves. Follow this with a hot bath or shower, the heat will help to lower your internal body temperature, again telling your body to go to sleep.
3. Your bedroom is for sleeping only
Make your bedroom your sleep-room. Turn the lights off as soon as you get into bed. Don't read, eat or watch television in your bedroom, or do any activity that is not sleep related. Make sure the room is dark and cozy; include extra pillows on the bed and even some teddy bears. Make your bedroom into a sleep sanctuary, a room that you will instantly feel secure and comfortable in, and best of all, a room that you will crave to sleep in.
4. Calm down and clear your mind
Clear your mind of the day's activities or things that are due to be done tomorrow. Write a 'to do' list for the following day. Organize uniforms, lunches, etc ... the night before. Make arrangements earlier than usual so you don't worry.
5. Give time back to yourself
Instead of trying to cram as much as you can into the day then find you haven't left much time to sleep, try to find short cuts or solutions to give a little time back to yourself. Make a double casserole and freeze half for another night. Spot clean the house as you go. Have more barbecues, using paper plates (less washing-up). Offer to pay the kids, or the neighbour's kids, to do some extra chores.
6. A balanced diet helps to make a balanced mind
If you're lacking in essential vitamins and minerals your body cannot operate at its best. Throw out the junk food and fizzy drinks, and make a new start to good physical and mental health. Add in some regular exercise and watch your body respond with some improved sleep.
7. Don't lie in bed if you can't sleep
If you don't feel sleepy enough to drift off, your mind will probably anguish over the fact that you can't get to sleep. This will only make it harder to get to sleep each time you experience this. Get out of bed and go into a different room. Do something to distract yourself until you do start to feel sleepy and then try to sleep again later.
8. Medications may interfere with your sleep
It has been shown that some of the medications below may cause sleep problems. Check with your doctor if you are experiencing insomnia and are also taking any of these medications - amphetamines (diet pills), antidepressants, beta blockers (heart and blood pressure), cimetidine (ulcers), clonidine (blood pressure), cortisone, diuretics (fluid), levodopa (parkinsons), methyldopa (blood pressure) and ventolin (asthma).
9. Above all: de-stress
Sharp says that stress is the worst cause of insomnia. Use some of the techniques above and try to remove as much stress out of your life as possible, and finally put your insomnia to rest.
Up until recently, there were four choices for persons with Insomnia. These were:
1. Do nothing, suffer and hope it'll get better with time. This is the sad choice of many, and it doesn't work. They most often get worse.
2. Start taking one of the huge advertised array of drugs, and then often taking other drugs hoping to solve the side effects as they show up. This is known as the drug “side effect chain”. (My ex-wife once ended up taking six different drugs in this way, and the end effect was that she got worse instead of better - a not uncommon result)
3. Pay exorbitant amounts of money for EEG Biofeedback (Neurofeedback) training. This has been the best solution up to now. The overall success rate (with good and bad clinicians) is considered to be about 85%. But, the cost of 60 (recommended) half hour sessions with a "professional" at $4500 to over $10,000 is above the ability of most mid and low income families.
4. Try various allergy clinics to try to find the allergy/sensitivity responsible, and also do all the various tests for mineral toxicity (mercury, copper, arsenic, cadmium, etc. This is also pretty expensive, with the very best system (End Point Titration) costing upwards of $10,000. (For more info on EPT, see www.Alternate-Health.com/allergy.html).
Now, there's another choice. I invented a new method of changing brain wave amplitude (up or down) that is similar to EEG BF, but is inexpensive enough to give mid and low income families a choice besides expensive and dangerous drugs. It's auditory messaging used mostly during sleep. Instead of changing behavior as is "usual" with this technique, it does the same thing that EEG biofeedback (neurofeedback) does, i.e. it raises the SMR brain wave (12-14 cycles per second - Hz), while lowering the Theta brain wave (4-8 Hz) at the same time.
For those who aren't familiar with EEG BF, this is the most effective brain training mechanism that best solves this particular brain problem. (It also solves ADHD, insomnia, IBS, epilepsy, and even many cases of schizophrenia. There is substantial proof of this effectiveness of EEG BF.
In my former practice as an Orthomolecular Psychologist, I had used auditory messaging with good success, and in 2004, I realized that it should be possible to use this technique to do the same thing that was done by the expensive EEG Bf units and a computer. Instead of going thru the conscious mind of the "trainee" to affect the unconscious, why not go directly to the unconscious mind?
After more than two years, three clinical trials, and extensive testing utilizing volunteers who paid for the right to participate, I proved the following:
1. The Bate Auditory Brainwave Training (Patent Pending) Is very similar to EEG BF and accomplishes the same “basic brain training” with these following minor differences:
a. It compares with one night sleep being almost equivalent to one half hour session. Individuality is part of the picture of course, but in our tests of 11 persons suffering from insomnia, all except one got dramatic results within a few weeks, and in some cases a few days. That one was in the original tests, and was frightened by the Hawthorne Effect (see below), and quit using the system.
b. It seems that there is more possibility of a Hawthorne Effect in this training than in EEG BF training.
In the last test, this possible effect was discussed beforehand and warned about, and while it occurred in a few cases, it did not deter any of the volunteers, as it had done in earlier testing. (This is NOT a dangerous "side effect" such as can be caused by all drugs! It can cause minor discomfort in a few individuals for only a day or so at worst.)
c. Motivation is no longer a huge factor as it is in EEG BF. Both the parents
and the child have to motivated to continue long weeks of training, and if the training is stopped before an end point, some, or most, of the gain is lost.
2. This system costs under $200, and that is a one-time fee only. It can be used for as long as it takes. (With Autistic children, it can take up to 200 EEG BF sessions). The system is composed of two basic CD's. The first is the actual Audio Training program, playable on any CD player, boom box, etc. The second CD is a computer disk that has several other programs useful as adjuncts to this training. This includes a free allergy/sensitivity test, a free bottle of amino acid supplement that has a calming effect, and several articles on alternate health therapies that have been shown to be of help for all types of brain problems.
3. There is also a year's full money back guarantee of success. If any person tries this for at least 60 days, and then states that there has been no significant improvement they will receive a full rebate including shipping and handling (which is included in the price).
Now, even the low and mid income families have a choice that doesn't force them to do nothing or to try and/or use dangerous drugs.
KLG PILLS Supplements To Improve Quality of Erection And Add Length In Intimate Relationships KLG Now Highly Recommended By Experts Medical World
Σε περίπτωση που θέλετε να μάθετε περισσότερα για την ρινοπλαστική, δείτε εδώ http://www.pavlidelis.gr